Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The big four oh.

If I base my life on my parents' logevity, I will be dead in twenty years. 20 yrs is not very long. Hopefully enough to see my nieces get married if they marry in their 20's. There are a lot of ifs to consider but that is not a way to live. There are a lot more lives to touch and help in the next twenty years.

Someone circulated a Bible passage around work to boosts morale. Deuteronomy 15:10:
10So give freely to those who are needy. Open your hearts to them. Then the Lord your God will bless you in all of your work. He will bless you in everything you do.

Believe me, sometimes it takes something biblical to get myself back into the groove.

Working registry has it ups and downs. I don't get the benefits of paid vacation and health insurance. On the other hand, I don't have to attend unpaid staff meetings., I pick my own work schedule, I'm not part of work politics, if I don't like the hospital, I don't have to go back.

One hospital was already telling my boss they like me, unfortunately, I really don't like driving there. Oh well.

Yesterday I went out with my buddy from nursing school. We spent the first 30 mins talking about how mentally messed up his wife is. He later on apologized but I told him it's no big deal. He needs to release his stresses and I'm there to support him. J is a great guy who happened to marry a peculiar woman. I wouldn't wish anything like it to even my worst enemies.

We went to Hooters last night. I swear those short shorts are even shorter now. The chicken wings are very good but the girls singing wasn't. I did enjoy them standing up on the stools and dancing. whoohoo.

Later on we went to a Honda dealer, just another attempt to piss off a sales manager. I test drove a 4 door Civic. I told the guy I'm looking for a red two door EX coupe. The sticker price was $21,100 and after several wheeling and dealing, I was able to get the price down to $19,500. They insist that I buy some grey colored car. I wanted a red one to replace my hatchback (a ploy). J made sure that I insist on a red one. The wierd thing was they keep telling me that it's hard to get a red one but the Civic catagolue and t.v. ads show a red car. What shit is that?