Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Friday, December 16, 2005

A friend's joining the Army.

Just recieved a call from an Army recruiter. Aparently, a good friend of mine is having his papers ready to join god's army. The Army personnel wanted to meet up with me so I can fill up some letter of recommendation for him. I told her I'm holiday mode and will not be available anytime soon. She insists that it will only take 5 mins. but I told her that is 5 mins that I don't have right now.

Thinking about it, why should I help my friend kill himself. Taken that he will only work within the hospital grounds, a war zone is a war zone. It's no amusement park.

I don't know what is foing on with my friend but obviously he is back on the crazy mode. He told me he wanted to join the police force a couple of years ago and I talked him out of it. Why work in dangerous conditions? Being a police is like walking with a bullseye on your chest. Sure they have a role in society, no question about it. My friend's a nurse. he might not like the conditions at his work but the condition in Iraq and Afghanistan is no where better than in the E.R.

I'm trying to contact him but no answer. I guess 'll keep trying.

As I told one doctor- I don't see my patients, I take care of them.