Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Holiday Season.

The dilemma of the holiday season is when do I get to see my relatives and not to piss off the bosses at work. I'm working this Thanksgiving day. Not only am I working that day, I'm also working the days before and after. Terrible. Christmas I'm off but I'm working two days before Christmas eve and two days after Christmas. New Year I'm working both eve and day. What a bad holiday schedule. NOOOT. I'm calling in sick! Hahaha. I call it self scheduling.

I do have time to negotiate the holidays but if the bosses don't give me the days off, the influenza virus is there to rescue me. I signed up for registry work just in case I get fired. Huh, there are plenty of jobs out there. I might not get the $ 0.15 raise next year but I get to see my neices. The cutie pie twins. Ummm, their cute. The hospital can keep the $0.15 raise, there is nothing like family time.

Over the years, I've tried to spend the holidays with family. The last time I saw my mother before she passed away was Thanksgiving day of 1997. She came to visit me in NC. Spending the holidays with family has always been important. Life is too short to be worrying about work. One thing I know for sure, the hospital will not care about me after I retire. Yeah, maybe a retirement party but after that, I'll just be another, "he used to work here as a nurse".

My niece, E is now 4 years old. Every time I look at her photos when she was 2 I always say to myself, man, I'm glad I was there to take that picture. She's a little girl now, no longer a baby. Those baby years are gone but ever present in my mind, heart and ofcourse, pictures.