Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

We passed the Joint Commission survey.

My hospital passed the JC survey. The CEO sent us an email thanking us for the great job. We can now go back to our bad ways until 2 years from now when the next survey is due.

I floated to my old unit today. It's been 7 months and it's nice to work with my former co-workers. I'm glad the hyper charge nurse was off today. I just don't have the energy to deal with her today.

My patients were not bad at all. For the first time I went home on time. One of them was not a happy camper so I just gave in. I'm not in the mood to deal with a moody old lady. I let her have everything she wants. She was having a lot of pain so after a dose of morphine and a couple of hours of sleep, she realized that she needs pain meds. I made her day and we were friends. It's amazing how pain relief can change ones outlook in life.

The unit also has a potluck going for lunch. It was for three nurses having a birthday that weekend. Free lunch is always good.

I went to a co-workers house warming party. She called me at work to make sure that I show up. I was tired and sleepy when I arrived at her place. She bought this house for a pretty penny. There is hardly any land around her house and several houses share a large driveway. The front lawn is in the front of this large complex of houses. Her house has no front lawn and is also near the 210 freeway. Ahh, I'm still happy with my house. It is old and need upgrading but it has land.

Today was a good day. Two free meals can't be bad at all.