Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Monday, October 17, 2005

Brother is now married.

Congrats to my brother R and sister in law M. It's a match made in heaven. Seven years in the making. Their wedding is one of the most memorable I've attended.

There was Kulintang music during the procesion. The couple was blessed by the elders during the reception. What a sight! A major spiritual experience. Little bamboo plants in sets of three and a red ribbon tied around it with their names scribe on it in gold and a care was their give away. A little instruction card was included.

A woman for the best "man". S was a fascinating woman. She even offered me a job in her E.R.

I shot atleast 500 pics using 2 brands of digital SLR cameras and only the built in flash attached to them. I want to keep my "guest" persona and not look like a hired photographer. My pro equipment missed the action but I told them about how I missed them and how there was room to shoot portraits of everyone in the ballroom. Yes, there is enough room to set up a studio with room to spare.

I brought my puppy dog to the hotel room where I stayed. He had a great time.

My twin nieces has their debut. They are the youngest in the party. They will not remember this great wedding celebration but hopefully my digital pictures and prints will survive the test of time. I can't imagine electrons on magnetic strips can survive 20+ years. The photos were stored int0 3 computers hard drives and an iPod.

Almost a week and a half has passed and I'm still getting good feeling about the wedding celebration.