Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Bad news came today.

It was an unexpected news. Our ICU Director gathered us in the med room. We thought it's another inspection issue as the government inspectors for hospital accreditation will be arriving soon. It was worst than we expect. Worst than a magnitude 10 earthquake. More gruesome than an oil tanker spill in Alaska. More destructive than a grade 5 cyclone. She has resigned as our director and she is moving on to a job that most likely pays more and has more opportunity.

We were devastated. I personally felt robbed. Betrayed by the thought that this job is my nirvana. I was wrong. I was looking forward to my first year anniversary. Things are going so good. The pay is not the best, the benefits mediocre, but the people are great. My boss is so rare in nursing, she listens to our gripe, she was one of us. A former ICU nurse who has worked to give us most of what we wish in terms of schedules, vacations, days off, overtime, equipment, and so on and so forth.

Her news wasn't recieved well by anyone. The night shift nurses were surprised themselves. Everyone were sighing. "Oh well, let's find another job." "Good times are over." "What will happen to us?" "who will replace her, so and so? God help us"

For the first time in a couple of months, my sense of content was gone. As the saying goes, too good to be true.