Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Monday, June 13, 2005

New Unit, New Life.

I transfered to the CCU (coronary care unit) about a month ago. My old unit was just way above my willingness to work like a dog. Don't get me wrong, I love to work hard and see my patients do well and live their lives. What I don't like is working with no direction. Doctors don't return pages so patients suffer. The fruits of my labor is rather bitter due to long hours of no breaks. This means hours of being hungry and tired. I can't take care of the sick when I'm tired, it's just not possible. My satisfaction level at work declined rapidly as this condition persists.

The amazing thing was that there are nurses who are willing to work with little or no break. No one complains so no problem exist. I hate to complain since I'm the new guy. I wanted to hang in there but I'm just not happy anymore.

In the new unit, we get our breaks and I am more stisfied with the pace of work. My satisfaction level remains high as I work there these past weeks. I'm not too tired and can even pick up extra shift to make extra money. Who says change is bad? I've made quite a few changes in my life and it's a mixture of bad and good choices. The best part of it all is that I learned a lot with each decision. I just need to concentrate on the good part and not the bad part.

Getting report from my co workers is also a lot easier. No one asks me why things are not done and no one tells me what to do. It's great. Life is finally good. People are civilized and well adjusted. We joke around and people are smiling all the time.

I hope things remain the same here for a while. I hate to keep looking for a new job. Some of the doctors have not changed but hey, nothing is perfect. They are the spice to my like. The fucking jerks that makes my day interesting. One of them got pissed because I didn't call him about a lab value. I called the cardiologist and not him the nephrologist. He was asking me if I know what he does and who he is. I told him that I know who he is and that I missed his name on the list. Deep in side I wanted to tell him that he needs to go to work on time so that he knows what the hell is happening to his patients. Stupid rag head. This is one of the reasons I quit dialysis nursing. Fucking nephrologists are making so much money on dialysis they think they are fucking gods. One of them even wears Armanis to work, reeking of expensive cologne, expensive eyeware, diamond studded watch, and the latest in wireless technology. The bad part is that his accent is so thick, we can't even understand what the hell he is talking about. One pulmonologist is so bad tempered he reminds me of a bad chihuaha. This dude is about 5 feet tall, dark skinned and ears sticking out. He thinks he is god. He never orders sedation to his ventilator patients. A mean and cruel way to treat a patient. Nurses already know what to do with him when he gets on a vent. NO FUCKING SEDATION. He can suffer the same way his patients did. Fucker. Pay back sucks. Bwahahahaha.