Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Friday, February 25, 2005

Another busy day.

We were hit early by a barage of doctors. Pages of orders were penned for my patient. Now that's the way I want it. Interventions, doctors doing their jobs. Collaborations. I hope it keeps up. Paging them and telling them what's up is my job but they have to check their patients specially when they are in ICU.

While all this was happening, my other patient's doctor wanted to do a cardiac cath now. Someone cancelled and he can fill the vacancy in the cath lab. Splendid, I'm not done with my coffee, now this? Hahaha. Just kidding. Let's get the consent signed and the patient to the cath lab. He stayed there for a couple of hours. Just enough time for me to catch up on the orders for my other patient who seem to have problems peeing. A medication here and there and the golden fluid started flowing. Oh yeah, only doctors and nurses are happy to see pee flow. In this patient's case, like a horse. He kept going. They also did an ultrasound of his kidneys and they found no obstructions. Good deal.

After the busy day, I was invited to a Bible study. Well, let's see, I have a headache, I'm tired and hungry. Yeahm let's do Bible study. This will fill my spiritual hunger. I was glad I did. Keeps life into perspective. They have lugaw, porridge, too so the hunger was also satisfied. Can't beat that.