Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Sick, sick, sick.

The worst thing about the winter season is getting sick. The cold weather and the rain are bad enough. Being sick just makes everything really sucky. Congested chest, wheezing, coughing, sneezing, sore joints, weakness, sore chest due to the coughing, sore throat, and if you are really lucky, fever. I didn't have the fever part, I think, I don't own a thermometer. I got all the other symptoms.

I lost 5 days of work already, and that is bad. No money to pay for the toys. It's good there are savings, otherwise it will be bankruptcy time. The lesson is to work your ass off while you are young because you'll spend your money in medicines and doctors visits when you get old and frail.

The rain continues to pour. We are breaking 1920's records on inches of rain, feet of snow, etc. My garage even got wet due to a stupidly built gutter. It's hard to find a good contractor. After this rain my house is going for a major overhaul. Gutters and soil grading and even drainage. I better start digging.

Living alone has it's advantages and disadvantages. When I get sick, that's when the disadvantages appear. No one to do the grocery, cook, take out the garbage, clean, and other necessities of life. Man, what a price to pay. So, I have to do all these necessary things when I'm sick. This aggravates the symptoms and makes me sicker. Oh well. I have friends but it's sizzy to ask for help. Please, I'm an independent man.

Well, I'm calling in sick again today. The supervisor will not be happy. She needs to call the other nurses to fill in. Though job. I'm glad I'm not doing it.