Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Rain rain go away, come again another day.
I was really excited to go out in the rain. I went to the garage so I don't get wet going to my truck. I smelled a damp moldy stench coming from the garage. I saw water by the washing machine. Apparently, I have water coming into my garage from the outside. The rain gutter was not diverting water away from my house but into my house. The water has soaked a few old books. Nothing valuable.

I took several bags of rock from storage and dumped them near the door. A trench need to be dug so the water will go out by the gate area. The rain poured but it wasn't cold at all. Yeah, I got wet but was able to finish the job. It sure looked ugly but beauty is not the purpose. It's function. I've know about the poor drainage of my house but rain is so rare that I've put of having it graded. The walked I built probably made things worst. Oh well, live and learn.

I heard the gardeners mowing the lawn earlier this morning and it was raining hard. I told them to go home and gave them some money for the holidays. They said they will come back next week.

Freaking rain is probably filling up my empty pool. Sucks. I heard a few tornadoes touched down in some cities. F-0, the weakest tornadoes there are. One house had its roof ripped out. There was a sink hole in one street and there are quite a few floodings in various areas.

It's clear now but there is another front coming in to dump more rain. The system that just left dumped tons of rain in Arizona and there are footage of floodings in areas where huge houses were built. Ouch. I guess, the water damage in my garage was not so bad.