Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Weekend off.

It was a really relaxing day. Played with the computer. Walked around a bookstore, Good Guys and CompUSA without buying anything. I was close on buying some stuff. I had the merchadise on my fat hands. I was in line, then I decided I don't need them.

This is rare, I always find something to buy. I had to control expenses as I just bought some real expensive dental services. I found this dentist in San Dimas that my insurance covers. He was able to show me my decaying teeth. Yup 20 years of neglect has resulted in lost molars and decaying teeth. I have a root canal scheduled next week, my second this year alone. I will have a partial made to cover the gap in my upper teeth and a bridge on my lower teeth. There is also bleaching scheduled so the teeth will look nice. I can't afford transplants. Maybe someday I will win the lotto and then I'll get some of those too. I have atleast seven crowns ordered and the total bill was enormous. Thanks god for insurance and monthly payments. My dental health is finally catching up to the years of neglect. SMILE.

Dental care is nearly a luxury. Dentists are not reluctant to charge premium rates for their services. I guess that's how the AMA likes it. They control the amount of practicing dentists in this country. The lower the supply the higher the demand and the higher the price. I don't believe I know a poor dentist. This doctor in San Dimas has plasma monitors in the patient's chair. He can show the innards of the mouth with a camera. His xray machine doesn't use any film. The images goes straight to the computer when the xray was made. The chair was ultra comfortable. The financial consultants know there stuff. Credit was applied so this poor nurse can afford this luxury of crowns and bridges and bleaching. I will look like the guy from The Swan when I finish this exercise. LOL. All camera purchases will be on hold for the next freaking century. Oh well, time for more overtime.

While eating, one of the 4 temporary crowns popped out. All day, I was being careful of breathing. Cold air touching the naked nerve shoots pain signals to my brain. It was rough. Around night time, I decided to go to the store and get me some pain paste to apply on the tooth. Behold, they make the adhesive the dentists use available for mass consumption. For $4 plus change, you can get a white material to apply to the loose crown and replace it on the tooth. It was god sent. It hurt a bit upon replacement of the crown but the pain later subsided.

Breathing is now better and I can drink water without pain. The crown is holding on good. I think I will sleep good tonight.