Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Monday, November 08, 2004

I resigned today.

I woke up early to try if I can cath my sister before she goes to work. She called in sick, she needs to catch up with house work accumulated from a week of vacationing. I need to get something from her.

I was at home thinking about my work status and how I hated work. The low pay, pushing the machines, and so many other things. I decided to resign so I told my boss I will give her a week's notice. After a few minutes of talking to the former boss, another call came in from the hospital I interviewed with last Friday and they are offering me a job. The pay is good and it's only a few miles from home. There is good benefits. A sign on bonus and $1000 certificate for BestBuy as an incentive for signing up early. Not bad for a bonus. The job is for surgical ICU, open heart, and it's day shift and it's 12 hour shift for 3 days a week. This will free 4 days for other things.
I met the staff and they seems upbeat. They only get 1-3 surgeries per day. It's fast track, meaning the patient is up on the chair the next day. The volume is no where close to my former employer's volume of 7-8 surgeries per day.

There is floating to the ER but I'm open about that now since this is not a trauma ER. I used to hate ER floats. I don't know what to do there and I'm just resistant to the idea. Now, who cares. The day will be over and tomorrow is another day.

I went to the gym today. Just to remove the stress in my mind about my resignation. It's all in the mind. The problems in life is all in the mind. There are no problems, only our thoughts that created them.

I signed up for registry 2 weeks ago and they are calling me big time. I should give them some time this week. Maybe for Wednesday, I'll have to see. It's easy to find a nursing job but I'm kinda picky. Not all jobs are created equal.