Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Saturday, October 23, 2004

Rest in peace uncle.

We had a funeral for my uncle Pablo today. My brother came in from the Bay area yesterday and I picked him up from the airport. My uncle was a husband, father, grandfather, great grandfather, a teacher, and a devoute Catholic. He helped 5 people to go to college in the Phil., adopted a couple of kids as his own, and bought an organ for his church in the Phil. through donations. He joined the US Air Force as a 1st Sargeant in the 1940's. He survived the Bataan Death March during the Japanese occupation of the Phil. Now that is a full life..

He was a man of few words. Always smiling and grateful you showed up to one of his wife's or kids' parties. He and his wife was worried that we will not come to visit them again after the death of my father. He and my dad were very close cousins. My mom made sure that we show up everytime they have a gathering. We don't speak their dilect but we spoke english and everything is good. We ate everything they cook because dad made sure we are familiar with Ilocano cooking.

I can't make it to the night time dinner today as I'm working tomorrow and I only had a few hours sleep last night. I'm beat.

To change the subject. My boss called and left a message on my machine. I need to make sure I call her if I call in sick and not leave a message on their answering machine. Okay, next time they should tell me things before it happens. I guess they are still learning and everybody is still trying to organize the whole system. I was kinda worried that I pissed her off but it won't bother me. Not my job to train my self of their rules.

My sister was in the funeral too. She brought me a piece of artwork for my entrance at home. It's a painting of koi fish in a pond. Feng shui is practiced by me and my siblings, or atleast we try. We are no experts but consult books written by hopefully feng shui masters.

That's it for now.