Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Saturday, October 16, 2004

New life??

I don't know if I will ever be happy in life. I guess it's all compromise and being satisfied with whatever that compromise will be. Several options have presented itself and I have explored them to various levels of enthusiasm.

My younger brother asked me what I really want. Man, that's a motherload of a question. It's like asking what is the meaning of my life. I don't know. I do have dreams. One of them is to have a series of studios along southern california (the goal is world domination of course). I'm on my yatch (just like Tiger Woods') with my model girlfriend(s), while the wheels of digital photography is making money for me.

To get there I need to crawl on my four limbs and learn how to get there. I have 5 years and I today is my start date. I will give up working a second nursing job and concentrate on the photography. The competition are experienced well established businesses within my area. The challenge is to beat them to a pulp and take over their business prospects. It looks tough but it has more chances of succeeding versus winning the Lotto.

Presently, I have this low paying job doing dialysis nursing. The good thing about it is I'm independent. It doesn't have the hangups of a regular nursing job. I can go to work anytime, I don't have several bosses at a time, and there is very little politics. The big thing is there is very little physical work involved. I guess I can live with the small pay for now.

I need to get to a different plane of thought and existence with this job. Most people will chase the high paying jobs. I believe that once in a life time we need to do a job that doesn't pay well but serves a lot of good. Service to mankind. I've made a little chunk with my former job but I was unhappy, got sick with hypertension, hated a lot of people and some people hated me. Who needs that?

I'm in peace now if I look at it that way. I think I'm in a crossroads where I'm steering my life towards something that I really like. Photography.