Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Thursday, October 21, 2004

It's all good.

It seems like there is no one hiring at this time of the year. No word from any of the places I applied to. I just have to keep waiting.

My dialysis machine broke down this morning. Actually, it just acted up like it didn't want to go to work so I replaced it. I lost an hour troubleshooting and replacing it with another one. I learned something though, the machine needs to run so the alarm will go away. My instructor showed it to me but didn't explain it. Some teachers are demostrators and not explainers. If that makes sense.

I talked to the other nurses at the hospital and they are really cool and friendly. I work with them directly with the patient's care but I'm a contract worker and not part of the hospital staff. I left my machine and my patient within eye and ear's length. Nope, I'm not abondaning my patient for a minute. Going to the bathroom requires me to tell the patient's nurse where I'm going and that I'm planning to return. That always gets a smile.

Yesterday I worked for 15 hours. I guess we are short of nurses for that day. I was amazed at how the day went so smoothly. No machine breakdowns and access problems. All my patient sticks (meaning sticking the fistula or graphs with a big ass needle) all worked. The day was long
but that's how this business is done. I just have to be positive about my attitude and everything else will follow. If things (shit) hits the fan, I just walk out. Take deep breaths, wipe the copious amounts of sweat from my brow and arms and finish the job. I think that there are harder jobs on this earth. Like what you say? Well, there is being a soldier in Bagdhad, garbage collector, firefighter on a highrise fire, and the list goes on. My job ain't that bad.

I made sure that I ate a meal evey 4-5 hours. This prevents me from having a fit. Oh yeah, I guess if I'm hungry and frustrated my temper gets worst.

Okay, I'm reading one of the classic self help books by Napoleon Hill. I talks about PMA, positive mental attitude. By thinking positive you attract positive things around you. It's a change of perspective for me and it starts to work in amazing ways. That's for another blog.