Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Sunday, October 31, 2004

Long week.

It was a loooong week. I finally have a day off. I told my schedulers to just give me two patients. This way work is only 10-12 hours long. I had a chance to talk to one of the veteran dialysis nurse yesterday. He taught me short cuts that will shave major time from my setup and teardown of the machines. I use 2 machines at work. One is a reverse osmosis machine that purifies water. 90% of the water is wasted and the rest is used for dialysis. The second machine is the delivery system. This is the machine that does the dialysis on the patient. Since they are machines, they breakdown. I learn tricks to bypass the stupid breakdowns and keep the dialysis moving along without compromising patient safety.

I went a friend's halloween party last night after working 12 hours. I was surprised I made it up till 10:30 pm. If I was working ICU I wouldn't make it. Working in the ICU is much more intense than dialysis.

Bad news, one former employee is suing our company in the San Diego area. It may be good or bad, time will tell. My company is behind paying us for mileage. Some nurses are cheating by turning in mileage when they are not even working. SO, now they are checking each day and it takes a lot of man powertime to do this.

I'm finally receiving feedback from the applications I dropped 3 weeks ago. I interviewed at UC Irvine Medical Center and it looked promising. They are still interveiwing so have to wait a couple of weeks to see if I get picked. The Sheriff Dept Medical Division also sent me their interest. I need to take the medications calculations test then the civil service test. This process will take awhile. According to my friend, 6 months and $6,000 in background check expenses for the county of LA.

I have to finish cleaning the pool filter. It rained last week and the pool is green. Yuck, time to rejuvenate my pool again. A dirty pool will bring bad luck.