Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Friday, November 12, 2004

Last day at work.

I'm on call today and had 2 patients this morning. The schedulers called to tell me if another nurse can pick up my second patient as his patient's dialysis was cancelled. I agreed to give up the 2nd patient to prepare me for any late call during the night.

I took a nap during the afternoon and sure enough a call came in at 5 pm. There is a stat dialysis in one of the local hospital. I know the patient. She was in a rehab center about a month or so ago. She looks sick and non responsive. To make a short story shorter and to protect the innocent of confidential details, The treatment was cut short and I ended up going home early. No sweat, The night is young and anything can happen.

I woke up at 6:30 am, Saturday. I'm no longer part of the dialysis team. I tried it as long as I can but it's just not for me. The structure in the company was non-existent. Do as you go it seems is the way this job goes. For others it's a perfect job. Go in any time and finish your work anytime. It was nice except the day can be really long. Nauseatingly, long. Patients don't want to see me and they complain of my treatment when they don't feel well. Well, I wasn;'t reponsible for their illness, I'm here to help them. It was the most thankless job in this already thankless nursing job that I had. To make things worst, the pay really sucks.