Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Happy thanksgiving.

Not a big deal of a holiday for me. Why? because everyday I am thankful for everything I have. No shit, why shouldn't I. I came to this country with only the clothes on my back. I basicaly got what I dream off. A great education, good job, nice house, nice cars, family that tolerates me, a few friends that I can rely on and most of all I'm single. LOL

I'm not eating turkey this seaon. I'm eating ham. I'm leaving the fat off as that thing can really do damage to the body. I'm here in my house enjoying a quite day. Dinner will be with a friend at a restaurant. No biggie. He's used to visiting his mom but she passed away a few months back so it's either with me or his brother and sister in law. They fight a lot so he doesn't care about that on Thanksgiving.

I like crowds now and then but I treasure simple quite moments. I guess I'm a loner, but who cares. I don't plan on blowing people up or taking over the world. I try to learn how to speak and read Spanish, learn how to run a businees, keep my garden looking like a garden, keep my cars running, learn how to use a large format camera, get back into developing my own film and using my enlarger again, keep visualizing about me driving a Bentley and owning a large mansion with a staff of people to manage my house, visualizing that I am traveling around the country to see the sights, and lots of other dreams.

Some folks like to raise kids, be soccer moms, plan futures with their significant others, save for college, plan for retirement, and all that family related issues. Arrgh, not my style.

What bothers me is why realtors make more money than nurses. They sell houses and they make 10% of the price. If the house is in the millions, then that's a lot of commission. I know a nurse who married an unemployed guy. He went to study real estate and for some reason hooked up with selling estates. She told me he makes more money in one sale than she does in a year. She drives a Lexus SUV, one of those 470 top of the line things. She does nursing so she doesn't go bored at home. She lives in a gated community with an infinity pool. Nice. Maybe I should marry a realtor. NOOOT. It's true not all of them sell estates.

The bad thing is that the salary in nursing seem to have reached a cap. Hospitals just can't afford to keep afloat with the rising trend in salary. They got smart and ceased raising the salary.