Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Wireless DSL Router.

After a year and a half being ignored next to my Sony VAIO laptop, the Mac G4 I bought from my bro finally got it's deserved upgrade. A new OS X ver3.5. At the same time the two were being merged into one ISP. The Mac didn't get the broadband from AOL because it was never supported. A wireless router was hooked up between the two and after several hours of tinkering and tweaking and failing a few times it finally worked. Thanks for all the other pioneers out there who posted their frustrations and gave me the answer to my question. How does this thing work?

What took people months to figure out took me hours. Not bad. The lesson I learned is just wait for technology to get a bit older and better before buying into it. That way, they have figured out all the bugs and it will beasier to use.

The Mac is now experiencing broadband speeds. Thank the Lord! no more dial up speed. Even at 400MHz. This baby is cruising. It's the DSL speed, not processor speed that matters with the internet experience. I Wuv it.

I was even looking at Airport extreme. The Mac equivalent of wireless connectivity. It wasn't clear to me about system requirements. The Mac has so many versions that I wan't really sure if it will work with my Mac. I went to the PC section instead and asked the PC support person if this router will work with a Mac. He said it will. That's enough for me.

The OS upgrade is just the necessary equipment for this Mac to perform. It will solve all the connectivity issues of the older OS X version 2. Again, get it to age and it will be better. I really don't need a new G5 (I really do but on denial) for now as I don't feel like working extra to afford it.