Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

No motivation.

I don't know what is going on with me. In the past 9 years, I've been just a working machine. A full time job and a half. Now I feel like I don't want to go to work and just keeping a 36 hr /week job. As I sat here on my lazy ass, I contemplated about letting go of services that I don't think I can afford anymore since I'm not working like a dog. Things that I'm used to for years will need to be given up.

Life is too short to be a lazy bum. I need to channel my strength and resources to activities that matters to me. I know that I need to let go of activities that is causing me to feel bad. That activity happens to be my job.

Okay, I'm almost 40 and I'm tired of my main "career". I see nurses at work that are just into their careers. They are moving up in their ladder of success. I'm stagnating. I don't care about nursing much any more. I guess it's burn out. I hope I get out of this rut. It really sucks.

I tried to do dialysis nursing last year and didn't cared about it. It was not satisfying work. I'm back doing what I used to do. I started to forget some of the skills but after some practice they come back in no time. It's nice to be back into more technical nursing. I was exploring nursing informatics. It involves computers and documentation of nursing tasks. 50% of nurses in this field had informal training, others have advance degrees. I don't know how to get in. I heard by pure connections. I'm not well connected. I need to have feelers out there.

Just arrived. Babylon 5 "The complete series". The mailer package came from China. Mainland or Taiwan? Who knows? The packaging is not US quality. The disks are wrapped in some cheap plastic wrappers. The box printing is third world. I played a disk and it plays. The picture is crisp and so far so good. For half price, it's good. Remember that I'm on a budget.