Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Dogs, cats and fish.

There it was, a white cuddly looking puppy. A lhasa apso. He is so cute. Price $999. He is AKC (American Kennel Club) certified, pure breed dog. I've done so research on dogs and have realized that I'm not qualified to have a dog. They can't be left at home for long hours without company. They will develop bad habits that will ruin the dog's great qualities.

I can't have a cat because of allergies. Cats would have been ideal as they require very little exercise and can just stay put sleeping at home for long hours at a time. They are as affectionate as dogs but they don't do tricks or fetch.

I think I might go back on re-opening my aquarium. I do own a 15 gallon tank. The thing is, I lost the passion I used to have with fish. I can't seem to get it back. I want something I can touch, pet, and cuddle.

There are several animal rescue places that adopt pets. I learned that two dogs are better than one. Dogs are pack animals and they require company. There are a few paired dogs that are available for adoption. I will visit some of this pounds so I can meet the animals and see if we are compatible. There are adoption fees to cover the cost of shots and to rescue other animals from being put to sleep. Older dogs are better as they are house trained already. Keep tuned for details on the search for a new pet.