Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Monday, April 18, 2005

Getting off my lazy @ss.
It was my third day off work. It was an overcast day and I decided to clean the walkway beside my car garage. I built a walk there about 3 years ago. It was challenging to say the least. I worked on it alone during the summer months. The rainy days of winter encouraged the weed seeds to germinate on my walk. The weed growth was thick, I can hardly see the path. The walk is made of concrete tiles styled like bricks and laid on a diagonal and square pattern. The rest is then filled with "golden rock" kinda light brown in color.

To get this de-weeding project going, I need tools. Oh yeah, a weedwacker. I have a gas powered one in the garage. I don't feel like breathing exhaust today so off to OSH. OSH is Orchard Supply and Hardware. It's a home improvement supply chain store. It is owned by Sears and now by K-Mart. OSH is not as insane as Home Depot. You can't build a house with OSH stores but it's small and convenient for small projects. The weedwacker I got was craftsman, powerful enough to do the job. 4 amps of power is good. Harr, harr, harr.

The weedwacker was awesome. It demolished all the weeds on my walk. It was noisy as heck but that is the sign of power, har har har. No exhaust, so all I inhaled is dust and fresh cut grass scent. I also wore a pair of eye protectors just in case a rock decides to go airborne at mach speeds. I then cleared the area with my old electric blower. I wish I still have the vacuum bag option but the bag is lost that somewhere. The cut grass is now all mixed up with the rocks so I need to sort some of the rock out. Time consuming as heck, but these rocks are expensive. They go on 15 lb bags. I guess I can afford to lose some but why? hehehe.

The last step is to spread some weed killer. This stuff works, toxic stuff. har har har. The weed killer direction said that it will protect the ground from any growth for a year. That's good enough for me. Now let's see if it works.