Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Day off with the Sarge.

I was off today and around 6 in the morning the Sarge started barking and whining. My vocal acknowledgement did not deter the mutt from making his primal call.

It's hard for a dog to understand that his master is tired from working his butt off so he can afford to buy lavish toys and natural food for him. Oh no, he has needs and they need to be met NOW. The poor pooch wants to play and be tickled on the belly. He also wants to eat his mixture of canned and dry food. Warmed to a decent temperature so he doesn't have to eat cold doggy chow. After I met his needs I crawled back to bed and woke up around 1 pm. Man I feel refreshed.

I ate some left over from dinner and off we went to PetSmart. Sarge was panting hard on the way to the store. He's stressed, not used to the moving car and the wierd way the environment seem to move in a forward kind of way. Once we arrived he seemed to settle down. People smiled at him and and older guy came to pat him on his back and commented on how soft he is. His wife commented on the one blue eye and a brown one. On the way out the cashier asked me where I bought my Sarge. She knows him from the pet store, the blue eye was a give away, I bought him from. She took care of Sarge when he first arrived at the store. She said they were buddies. She went around the register and petted him. Sarge looked at her in a familiar way.

I bought him some more toys. I'm feeling guilty about leaving him at home 12 hours at a time. The least I can do was to get him new stuff. The companies who make these toys know dog owners are suckers. They price the toys at a premium.

I tried to get Sarge a bath but their grooming center needs a proof of rabies shot. I didn't have his papers with me so we went to PetCity, the store I bought him from. They were booked solid for the day but the guy behind the counter told me to come in tomorrow at 10:30 and we'll be the first one on line. Great.

On the way home, I remembered to stop by the Seiko store. They let us in to my surprise. At first, I was reluctant to let go of Sarge. I needed to try the watch I wanted so I let him go. The owner's kids happen to be around. They were so in love with the dog that the girl went out and petted him. Sarge was great. He walked near the girl and let her pet him. He also walked around easily. The watch was the one I want so I went ahead and purchased it. A couple walked in the store and Sarge acted civilized. He went over them and took a sniff of their shoes. The woman was very nice to the Sarge, "oh, how cute". She even said goodbye to him when they left.

The day was a success. Sarge was acting civilized even though he has been out of the house only twice since I got him. He seemed to be well mannered. Next stop, a pet park in Claremont.