Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

New job.

If the background check and the physical goes through without a hitch, I'll start a new job in rehabilitation nursing.

After 6 months as a registry nurse. I decided to get another full time job. One with benefits and a monthly schedule. I'm not motivated enough to stay in registry as I am often lazy and will not schedule myself to work. I was on part time schedule and just getting by. Time to get back on track and start meeting my financial goals for retirement.

I'm also tired of the different charting, different policies, and meeting too many negative pitiful people, mostly nurses. It's pathetic that the most pleasant people to work with are the costodians.

I was also canceled twice two weeks ago. Thus, no income. I told the registry company that I can't be cancelled like that so I wil be employed full time with a rehab center. The scheduler told me that low census (patient count) was to be blamed. She offered a traveller position but that's like a full time job. I want flexibility if I'm with a registry.

Rehab is like medical/surgical. I'll have five patients and in case of a code we do CPR and call 911. It's less stress than ICU work and I hope I like it. I can use something boring. Stress in ICU is getting to me as the docs are not intensivists anyway. Keeping the dead alive is not my reason for doing nursing.

The rehab center is only 2 miles from home so I'm not going to miss the commute. I will have more time to do other things.