Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Unmotivated...

I continue to feel unmotivated. The nursing job is just old and uninteresting. I've seen it all, I believe, in the field I'm in. There are a couple of non critical care hospitals around my area. One is Casa Colina. A rehab center in Pomona. Another is Aurora Charter Oak, a behavioral facility in Covina. Both are interesting places to work at but will it hold my interest?

Rehab nursing is not the most interesting field in nursing but it serves a niche. Psych nursing I think is interesting as long as some one is doing the tackling for those special moments when the neurons aren't firing right. Images of the devil chasing you are not the most joyfull thoughts in a schizo's mind. Believe me, not everyone is a Nobel prize winning mathematecian.

I think working in registry has it's negative side. Yeah, the schedule is great. This can also mean not getting enough work because flexibility means not working. Having very little money should be a motivation.

I'm playing with the thought of getting a management degree. School vs. on the job traning comes into mind. I don't want to incur more loans besides the ones I currently have. Okay they are not educational loans but they are the same, they are money owed. It will be better if I can start off as a supervisor and then work my way up to management. At forty, I think I have enough experience to do it.

I've asked supervisors how they got into management and one responded that she was injured and can't do any more nursing care. That is exactly the way I feel. Be there on the right time and the right place.