Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Honeymoon is over.

I'm off orientation. I have another RN as partner. When he goes on a break I will cover him and vice versa. He will also be my resource just in case I have trouble with anything.

After report I dug into my charts and made sure things are within normal. I started to assess then pass meds for my patients. After a couple of hours I was told I have an admission. Okay where is this person coming from and what type of illness requires rehabilitation. To my surprise the patient in already in her room and with her daughter. Her daughter started giving me the scoop and she just happened to be a doctor in Pomona Valley Med Center. She is an internist.

The pt's daughter was really cool. She was nice and not pushy at all. While I was doing her admission I heard someone looking for me and that they have been waiting for 25 mins. I was surprised that someone was timing me. According to some of the nurses some of the therapists are like that. I didn't appreciate the attitude with the therapists so went ahead and let her have it. I told her that there are CNAs and that I'm in the middle of an admission. To make a short story shorter, I found a CNA to help me with the patient in the bathroom that needs to be back her wheelchair so the speech therapist can do her work. She will not help me as she is a speech therapist so I have to look for a CNA. She later on reported me to my supervisor and I told the super that she was having an attitude and that I didn't jump her in front of the patient.

Whatever, these therapists are bunch of lazy bastards. i don't care about them much as I'm the one with the key. The key that will open the narcotic keys.

Most of my patient were cool. They understand the dilemma of the nurses and they tolerate us. The older ones are the most challenging as they are either demented or confused. Most of the supervisors are micro managers. Annoying as hell but one of them give me lunch so I forgive them. Food is the key to my heart.

One of the senior nurse told me that I have 6 patients (5 is the max), and she didn't even hear me complain. I told her I've been a nurse so long that the work doesn't bother me anymore. I take a lot of deep breaths and move on. She gave me a pat on the back and a big smile.