Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Hot weather.

Okay, so it's summer. Temp =100+. Humid as Florida and Manila. I have to do laundry, 3 weeks worth. Using the dry is not an option as my garage is so hot I'm not adding more heat to it. I remembered my brother's mother-in-law talking about not using a clothes dryer.

I dug up my old wooden clothes hanger. It's a folding gizmo that folds out like an accordion. I hang my socks and smaller sized clothes on it. After a few hours, all the clothes are dry. I later on placed denim pants on them after straightening them out so it dries flat and not wrinkly.

I should save a bit of dough on gas bills as I need the money to pay for the electric bill. The ac and pool pump should pump up the electric bill for sure.

There are clothes in the breakfast nook and the dinning room. I bet it's adding to the humidity but that's okay. Really don't mind the humidity.

After turning in some paperwork to human resources, I had the SUV serviced for an oil change and tranny fluid replacement. I've been behind the service on the vehicles. Oh well, they will survive. They are not human afterall.

Talked to my brother about a service his Honda dealer sold him. I told him that fuel injectors don't need a $250 decalcification service as fuels have detergents. Consider it a learning experience. None of my vehicles have seen a dealer since they are purchased. Pepboys and Jiffy lube usually suffice. Sears is also another option but they tend to seel life time warranties on every part they sell. Parts like brakes are cheap, Sears will get you on labor. They were also complaints about their unethical business practices. They will sell you stuff you don't need. Midas is notorious for that. I had a friend who spent $500 on brakes and her car is so old it's not worth $500. Midas touch means they got your money.

I am fortunate enough to have a neighbor that is a mechanic. I asked him where in my Benz is the battery. He said not to worry about it. Wrong answer. As if I will fix the benz by my self. I know it's under the passenger seat. I didn't go back to his garage after that.

One thing that should not be done on new cars, jumping older cars or any other cars. You can zap the crap out of your car's computer. Electric spikes and surges will do bad things to your car's CPU. So decline any request to jump other people's car, specially older model cars. That's why they have AAA (Auto Club) and portable car battries. Those $70 battery cells are the best investment one can have. I personally own 2 of these gizmos.