Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Another bad day.

My second day is not as bad because it's a weekend. Not a whole lot of therapists are around and some of my patients were taking their breakfast in bed and going back to sleep.

When the patients call, the secretary will page that so and so needs a licensed nurse of just plain pt need help or assistance. The problem of the team nursing approach is that the CNA dosn't answer all the calls and lie about where they are. My CNA was telling me we need to work together. I told her that I haven't done any of my RN work so I can help her with her CNA roles. I suggested that she moves faster and be more efficient. I tracked her where abouts and she just plains disappears.
The situation here is what one will see anywhere in America. CNAs that is used to having their way because none of the RNs have found the guts to discipline them. The younger Filipino male CNA that replaced the day CNA was no better. The worst thing was the day CNA worked a double. My god! she worked another 8 hours and she just sat around with out anyone complaining. They just rewarded her laziness with overtime pay.

It will be challenging to change this type of culture as the older RNs was telling me that that CNA is worthless. They know about her ways and no one did anything about it. I don't feel sorry for them now. i understand the administrators position. If the CNAs are just going to hide from work and let the RN so all the care then, just replace them with real RNs and get rid of them. An RN with 4 patients will be a better bargain and will be better with the patient care. Team nursing of and RN, a LVN and a CNA is plain stupid.

The LVN that worked with me doesn't know her ass from her mouth. She is stupid as stupid can be. Clueless and just plain dangerous. I feel sorry for her patients. She also keeps telling me that she is just an LVN and she will make me liable for everything. Wow what a way to tell the RN that is covering you. I've never met such a moron in my life. I know LVNs in my previous jobs and they are great. This one is a disgrace of the profession.

I don't think that changes in this cultue at Casa is easily changed. The vision of the CEO just get overshadowed by the incompetence of the staff in this great place. There are great LVNs and CNAs here too but I guess the new guy gets the morons and lazy ones. This is bad as they probably lost plenty of great nurses.

The night shift is still sharing a lot of job search results. They are willing to take lower pay just to get out of this place. The CEO with the vision to provide the best medical care has fell short of meeting his expectations. There are bad seeds in his garden and preety soon the beautiful plants will be overgrown with weeds.