Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Fired my gardener.

Okay, after 10 years I decided to save some money by doing my own gardening. My yard is big compared to the tiny cookie cutter lots of today. My home is 43 years old and there are trees here that can be intimidating to a newbie gardener.

Like the way I was when I first purchased my place I bought some gardening tools. This time I got some electric powered lawn mower and edger. No mixing of gasoline and oil needed. Gas equipment I bought 10 years ago is loud, have nasty exhaust, and is very heavy.

The electric lawn mower was easier to push but the electric cable can be bothersome. It does the job well. I set it on mulch so the cut grass goes back to the soil. Auto feeder the way I see it.

I had an electric weed eater I bought 2 years ago and I used it as an edger. I don't want to use the new one I bought. It worked well until the shield started falling off. That was a bit annoying but I just kept slipping it back on until I trimmed the whole backyard area. I later decided just to use duct tape to hold it in place. I'm not buying a new trimmer until this one dies. I also have a gas powered one for serious weed killing.

I then trimmed all the vegetation on the side of the house. This one is a real pain as the vegetation is real thick. A well oiled machine is just cut down the thick vine off the wall. I read an article that this type of vine can destroy walls. I really need to kill this nuisance of a plant.

I was a bit nervous as i don't want to be bit by a spider. Luckily, there were only few ones that are not nasty. Nasty like black widows. Yuck.

So here I am typing this blog with very sore arms. Those machine can get heavy after a while. I left the cut vegetation where they are right now and I will do the rest tomorrow. It was hot and I was just spent after an hour and a half of gardening work.

I should have started earlier but I was feeling lazy. Oh well.