Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Monday, June 02, 2008

Interesting work characters.

It's been a while since I wrote about work. Yeah, it's there and been there for 50 years. There is a need to what I do and it's really nice to help people out with their needs without killing my self in stress. Don't get me wrong, critical care is important and in demand but it's too much for my body and my mind. There are people who stays in critical care for a long time but that's their choice.

Rehab at night is kinda nice. I help people go tho the bathroom most of the time or change diapers for the incontinent ones. Yeah, it's gross work but it's helping people keep their skin intact and free from sores. If the patient go home with intact skin then we did our jobs. I really have to psych my self out for this kind of job as it involves people's bodily functions. No squimish ones here. Those who were have been fired. Haha, too bad they are in the wrong business.

Elderly women are an interesting group of our population. Most were independent and not used to being helped around. Well, their independence has led to their condition. Most had falls that led to broken hips, thigh bones, etc. Some are suffering from arthritis so they need total hip replacements or total knee replacements. Getting old is not for the weak. Sometimes the suffering is not worth it. The pain can be so bad that most are in chronic pain medication. Narcotics and non-steroidal antiinflamatory drugs are used in combination.

Patient A is an 80 + year old woman that is suffering from frequent bowel movements. I have been assisting her with her dilemma all night long. It started at 10 p.m. and lasted until about 5 a.m. I emptied that bedside commode atleast 10 times that night. I also told her not to toss her wipings in the commode as they will not flush. Sometimes she didn't sometimes she did. It was frustrating as hell. Then she tells me why I wasn't smiling. What the fuck? How can I be smiling if I have emptied a damn commode for more than 10 times in a 12 hour shift? I told her that I am tired and that I just chased a burn patient all the way to the gates of the hospital.

That's true. A patient got so pissed that he tried to ran away at 2 a.m. in the morning. The guy had 3rd and 4th degree burns. He is getting better but when he took off he looked like a mummy. Dressings were wrapped around his body. 4x4 dressings were also falling off as he attempted to ran away. I ran from the nursing station to almost 2/3 to the gate of the hospital. I thought I was not going to make it. The good thing was I had been working out and I actually able to chase him down. I was slightly sore at the hips but not bad at all.

This guy accused me of trying to hit him. I don't even want to touch him as his skin might peel off. He also concocted an accusation that I stuck my tongue out at him. Bwahaha, ridiculous. What a lier. He was yelling profanities at all the nurses and he just abused the LVN that was taking care of him. Told her "f(*& you, f&^% you, mother f(*&^r" for two hours! What a verbal abuser. Bwahaha.

This guy blew himself up working on live gas pipes at his garage. An idiot! Now he wants to sue the hospital. Bwahaha, this is what we get for helping is sorry stupid ass.

The old woman ended up reporting me to the supervisor or something. Rumor has it. No one has talked to me about it. I didn't get her back the following night, thank God. But that's what I get for not smiling while emptying buckets of poop for 12 hours. Don't think this is over. There are more interesting characters coming up.