Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Sunday, March 02, 2008

March already?

Most of my time has been consumed by playing World of Warcraft. This online role-playing game is bigger than anything that came out of computing in decades. I've been playing/working on PC's and Macs since 1984. My collection of obsolete macs and PC's can attest to that.

The biggest appeal of WOW is that it is the game that we never had back in the 1980's. Text games were that huppla then. The adventure games that came out were high end equipment hungry. A student can't really afford one unless their father owns one. Anyway, I can never play the game right because of bugs and other problems.

When my brother showed me this game I was a little reluctant because of time involved in playing it. Well, that wasn't a problem as time is free and I have plenty of it.

Before I know it, I have 8 characters of different class and professions. Playing WOW was playing the game I wish I had 25 years ago. It's god sent for socially inept people like me. I spent hours at a time exploring and questing. I love soloing as it eliminates that need to get rid of a partner. My borther has a high level character that pretty much destroys everything on target when I need help with an elite monster.

Looking at my posts, I have neglected this blog for the reason that I am enjoying myself playing a great game. Not all will agree with my assessment but it's my life and it's my pleasure. My life may not be balanced but what is balance? I waited 25 years for this and I will play. Bwahahaha.