Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Friday, October 12, 2007

My baby is sick.

My 10 year old Montero has been in the shop for days. It stranded me in the middle of the road a month ago and I had her towed to my neighbor's shop. Great to have Triple A when you have older vehicles. The charging system was still working so I had the battery replaced. I was lucky it was not the alternator.

After I got the SUV back, I heard popping noise from the speakers. The ignition system seems to be having a feedback on the sound system. I left for the Bay area for the weekend and when I came back my baby will not start.

After a week, the charge on the battery was all wiped out. I charged it with my other baby the Solara. Montero started with ease. I drove her daily without a hitch but the feedback is always there. I sent her back to the shop Monday and I haven't heard from my mechanic. I was guessing he was trying to simulate the situation.

Living in California with it's dry weather makes it ideal to keep cars longer. I've seen cars with their paint jobs ruined by ice and corrosive salt. My Montero is still intact body and engine wise. Electrical problems starts to appear specially with after market electronics. I had the radio replaced 3 years ago and I think that is the problem. I rather change radio than buy another SUV.