Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Canceled wedding gig.

I was suppose to have a wedding gig next weekend when my buddy canceled me as the photographer. His fiance wants a traditional Indonesian wedding where the ceremonies last for 16 hours or something like that.

To be part of this traditional wedding, my buddy was adopted by an Indonesian family (weird). Then there are offerings of goats (weirder) and other rituals that goes on and on and on when he was telling me the story.

For a guy that's been married twice before and it's her second wedding, why do all this ceremonies when the chances of divorce is 50% anyway? I don't understand. One thing I do know, love makes people do irrational things like letting their spouses control all the financial issues. I know many folks who divorced and was bankrupt because their spouses took everything. A co-worker drives a Cadillac SUV and lives in a large house because she took everything. She laughs about it. Poor guy, he's stupid enough to let her have it all.

Anyway, she wants 16 hours of photography and has found someone else to cover it. Fine with me. I was invited as a guest but the invitation hasn't arrived. I'm dropping the wedding part of my business as it's a pain in the ass anyway.