Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

25 years in America!

I almost forget to commemorate this year as my 25th immigration anniversary to the US. It was a bitter sweet 25 years. Got two degrees, lost both parents to disease instead of old age, still single but loving it, own a home and still finds a million things to complain about. That's life I guess. Can't complain if I'm 6 feet underground. LOL.

25 years ago, I wouldn't have thought of being where I am. I would say that I pretty much was flying by the seat of my pants. Grabbing opportunities and trying them out. Most didn't pan out but I sure did tried and learned about my strengths and weaknesses.

Both my siblings are now married. One has three girls, the other is still in honeymoon in Europe. They both have decent jobs. Mom and dad would be proud.

I will celebrate every 5 years. Glad that I'm out of the 3 P's of the Philippines, pollution, poverty and political pestilence. Thanks to the people who took the chance to get out of their comfort zone and make things better for their family, my parents.