Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

10 year old Montero Sport.

Wow, time flies when you are having fun. My baby SUV turned 10 this year. No major problem. It just got it's new timing belt and water pump replaced. Accessory belts were also replaced as they are beat up with 86,000 miles on them. It cost a pretty penny to keep my SUV up but it's cheaper than buying a new one.

Oil was also changed as it's been six months since it was replaced. I brought my own oil and filter. There is a Quaker brand oil with dura lube mixed in to it. Oil filter is Fram brand Max protection that releases additives as the oil passes through the filter. Man, too much technology here. Compared to 20 years ago, the car parts now are way better.

I also washed her today and gave her a wax job as the last time she was washed was way too long ago. Stain marks are showing and it's embarassing to drive her to work. A wax job hopefully will do the job. I reason I said hopefully is that I waxed her in the light of a full moon. Yup, I washed her at 8:00 in the evening and waxed at 8:45. I can't see what I'm doing. I used a flash light but the light was so uneven I can't tell if the stain went away. The wax I used was the one I bought last year at the LA County Fair. It's supposed to be ultra deep shine but as I said I can't see what I'm doing. A buffer will probably do a better job.

I'm thinking of giving her a detail job but that has to be a reward after I get this job I'm applying for.