Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

LA County Fair 2006

Me and M went to the county fair. We hired a tricycle ride from the parking lot to the entrance. That was a cool way to start an evening at the fair. The entrance fee is a few bucks cheaper too.

The last time I went to the fair was 3-4 years ago with my neice E and her parents. We had a great time. We stayed there the whole day! This time it will be shorter.

We grabbed some BBQ tri tip with coleslaw and a tall glass of lemonade. Yummy. We then rushed over to the photography exhibit. When we got there, there was something odd. Where is the exhibit? I asked one of the usher who pointed us to the end of the gallery. There were only a few wall of pictures and four monitors with thumbnail pictures surrounding them. The monitors were the rest of the exhibit. Pictures were flashed every 5 seconds. I was disappointed as I was expecting prints on walls. I miss standing in front of the photograph and trying to see if it will evoke a feeling. The five seconds alloted for me to view them was sensory overload. I didn't bother to look at the rest of the monitors.

Next stop was the vendors. M ended up getting a $250 orthotics. I kinda talked him into getting one as it works great for me. We then got a microfiber mop and bunch of microfiber rags. It was so impressive that we both got a combo kit. My hospital also uses the same microfiber mop so I'm really sold. On the way out, a couple of women asked us what we are carrying. I told her a mop and she asked what's so special about the mop. M pulled out a rag and blew steam on his reading glasses, rubbed the glasses clean and they sparkled like they came out of the dishwasher. I was blown away. They too were amazed.

I saw a guy selling deep cleaning wax for cars. He told me it will also get rid of micro scratches on my black car. He also has a spray that will give a deep gloss. I was sold, 2 bottles of wax and a bottle of spray.

M haven't tried fannel cake so we ordered one each. He watched it made in a shallow pan full of oil. Yup, deep fried. He liked it but he said it will be his last one. We'll see. I got one with cinnamon. The cinnamon will counter the sugar thus negative effect for a diabetic, nooot. A rare treat indeed.

They were selling everything under the sun in this fair. Home improvement from windows, patios, and central air. I almost got a jacuzzi but the thought of making monthly payments drove me out of the store. Got to live within my means.

The Doobie Brothers played tonight. We saw part of the gig on the wide screenthey have at the food court. it was nice but I can't really relate with the DB's. I'm not a fan. The guitar jams are awesome though. For an upcoming guitar player, I was really impresed, hey they have been playing for decades and they are pros.

M saw atleast 3-4 former students. They were all nice and one was even in his mid twenties and is a coach at a local school. Considering M just turned 50 last week, some of his students from middle school are grown people now with jobs and family. M try to avoid contact from anybody from school as if they are the plague. He can't do anything in a county fair, practically the whole town is in the fair tonight.

We left around 11:30 p.m. Four hours of walking. I was beat and I'm working tomorrow.