Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Re-viewing some old DVD collections.

It's been a rough few days for me as I've been down with some nasty coughing. It felt like bronchitis as my asthma was also exacerbated. When my insurance coverage kicked in yesterday I went ahead to use it to see a doctor in an urgent care center in Montclaire. I came in wheezing so it got me in earlier than the other people in the waiting room.

A really nice physician assistant assessed me and ordered a breathing treatment and a chest xray. I felt 100% better after the breathing treatment. The chest xray showed signs of pneumonia. The PA ordered some inhalers and antibiotic that kills pneumonia bacteria.

I ran over to Costco to buy some fruits and dog food. Last stop was the pharmacy to get the meds. I called in sick for the 3rd time this week but there is no way I'm going to work with all the MRSA and VRE isolation patients at work. I told the night supervisor that I'm out sick and not partying. She was cool about it and wished me well. I slept well during the night. Interrupted only by a full bladder as I've been downing fluids like a fish. This helps move the mucus out of the pipes.

I finally finished my Hill Street Blues DVD collection. It reminded me of the show that kept me up late at night. The show reminded me of the long gone 80's. The clothing, cars, and culture of that decade was fun to watch. Cars were huge, wide lapels on men's suits were common. They used typerwriters, coin operated phones, and the cops carry .38 revolvers. BTW, Hill Street is the first of all the cop shows shot in such a revolutionary way that all cops shows were shot that way since then. The quick zooming and pulling of the lenses in todays cop show doesn't compare to the way Hill Street blues was shot.

Next stop was Northern Exposure. The 90's show of a physician who has to pay his medical school costs to Alaska who financed his education. I often wished I live in Cicely, AK. But, it's a fictitious town shot in a small town of Roslyn, Wa. I probably won't last long in the tundra of Alaska but it's nice to day dream. I've seen people who lived in the back country of AK and it's pretty rough living. It's backwards alright. The niceties of city life is nonexistent. Thank god for shows like this, I can dream of a place where people will pretty much leave me alone.

I bought House MD second season. I miss the cutting edge medicine I experienced in Kaiser cardiac surgery unit. This show kinda reminds me of the intense nursing I used to do at Kaiser. I now deal with patients in rehab. Intensity level is -1. A retirement job for sure. I pray for a code everyday and none ever occur. I guess that's good.

I'm feeling better and the cough is subsiding. Horray to antibiotics.

USC destroyed Arkansas 50-14 in the first game of the college football season.