Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Gas saving gizmos.

A few years back a company was marketing a piece of metal that causes a vortex to form within the intake manifold. This they say produces a better fuel/air mixture thus producing better gas mileage and more horse power. They showed test after test that showed marked improvements in both horse power and fuel efficiency.

I was sceptical of the product. If they really work, the automakers whould include this in their cars. This device is attached inside the air intake just before the air filter. The ads stopped airing that year and I saw them sold in Pep Boys. They cost about $50-60 depending on the car. I didn't get one then as I never heard any buzz about this product.

Today, I read this article about devices that people try to attach on their gas guzzler vehicles to save money on fuel.