Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

2007, ready or not here it comes.

There goes another year. I'm keeping the next year as simple as I can. No more complicated job assignments and "hard work" nursing. An LVN at work was telling us about several openings in a psych facility that is "easy money". Patients are admitted at their will and no 4140 crap where patients are held due to mental meltdown.

I love to be in critical care if..., I'm tired of the conditions to make my life happy. I have a job now that is bearable. I pray everyday that my day be reasonable. The Almighty has been listening.

We have an injured marine at the facility. He was blown away be an IED (improvised exploding device) most likely triggered by a cell phone. His frontal lobe was injured. His parents' are taking care of him and they are stressed out. It's been a year since the injury and the "crap" keeps pouring in. Legal battles. Long term stay in Ca means moving their things to storage.

I talked to the mother and she is happy that her son is in Casa. I'm glad. Her son is starting to whisper words. He never did when he was in VA (veteran's administration hospital) where he gets inconsistent treatments.

The government never took take of the wounded soldiers. From vietnam to present day wounded, the VA rarely meets the needs of the injured. Private organizations picks up the slack when the govt fails to deliver. Most of the vets are also unemployed/unemployable due to their disabilities.

I also need to get my photography and health care product business going. I enjoy taking pictures, specially of people. Helping people promote their health through vitamins and weight loss products is also up in the list of to do things. 2006 is over, the year of recuperation from 10 years of hard nursing work. 2007 will be my transition year out of nursing or the start of the transition year(s). I will not stress my self by giving such strict deadlines but there will be goals set for my objectives.

1. Do self promotion on my days off. Making businesses part of work. Reduce free photography sessions and increase income opportunities. Push health products to interested parties.

2. Enjoy new interests: bowling, guitar playing, Bible study.

3. Start investing again by purchasing invesments.

4. Get better control of my condition. Work on normalized body functions but exercising and losing weight. Cut down on meat intake and increase "live" food products fresh vegetables and fruits.

5. Promote positive relationships.

Five goals for now, that's a good start.