Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Friday, November 17, 2006

Changes suck but they're here to stay.

A lot of changes at work. First two CNAs have left in the past 2 months. The one that I think should retire finally did. She is old and needs to hang the diaper for the younger blood. The other one thinks she is gods gift to nursing left for Montana. May she find warm welcome to the rednecks of that state, she's Mexican and can barely speak english. If you look up lazy in the dictionary, her picture will be next to it. Bad things happen to bad people and they are the proof.

It's been 5 months since I've started at Casa and it's ugly head has appeared. The Team nursing is non existent. Everyone does what they want and it was pure chaos. I work hard for the money while the minimum wage CNAs are nowhere to be found. It's hard to be motivated if you barely make any money and you wipe ass for 8 hours. Lack of education and inability to speak english are also problems facing this people. Oh well, not my problem. I do my 12 and off another 12.

It's been 4 years since I have to deal with CNAs. At Casa, they are indespensable as they are the ones who help the patients go to the bathroom and pass and remove meal trays. Other than that they disappear to the deep. One LVN said they go out to the parking lot. Interesting, not a usual place to hide but I guess very effective. This LVN smokes so she gets more breaks than non-smokers.

No all CNAs are unmotivated. There are those who are working on their RN. They have good work ethic and knows how to work with other CNAs. The rest does their thing and work alone, frequently over whelmed and unable to get the job done.

There are bad RNs and LVNs too. I like to believe I'm on the good side as most of my patients tell me I'm a good nurse. We have RNs who complain a lot. From the start of the shift to the end, she complains and complains. I try to listen but sometimes I'm tired of listening to her moaning and groaning so I try to avoid her.

The benefits and retirement are good here at Casa so I need to keep reminding me that it's a 3 mile drive to work and other than the laziness, it's not a bad place to work.