Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Bay Area Thanksgiving.

I was glad I made the drive to the Bay area for thanksgiving. I had such a great time that I will count this as one of the best of 2006. It was nice to see auntie slowly getting over uncle's death. The key word is slowly. She still sobs every morning calling his name. Grieving sometimes takes time specially when you miss the man you loved for 49 years. She prays her rosary and talks to him while she does her house chores.

I get to see the twins and E. They are growing leaps and bounds. E turned 5 this year and she had a growth spurt that made her overgrow most of her clothes. It left my sister unprepared, thus leading to some clothes shopping for the 5 year old.

The twins are walking now and they look like penguins. Hobbling around their play area, tripping over soft toys and tackling each other. They pretty much entertain each other. In contrast to early this year when they need constant attention from other people.

Each of the twin has their own personality. One is active while the other is passive. According to their father one is like their mother and the other is like him. A good balance for twins I think, what do I know?

Watching the girls play is just fun. Joining them is even better. They will climb over my legs like an obstacle course. There is the occassional smack on the face but not as strong as E's. E can give a strong whack on the head or face and that's just her way of saying HI out load. Whammo!

E's doing great. She follows directions but getting her needs across is still a challenge. Fortunately, her needs are simple and thank God her parents are smart and patient enough to figure them out. Her smile and laughter is just infectious. A child should always laugh like her. She also shows love and care to her twin sisters. She kisses them and gives them the occassional whack on the head.

I also get to bowl after a long many years of not playing. I believe the last time I bowled was in the early 1990's. More than 10 years ago. My brother taught me how to bowl and I managed 3 strikes my first time out. The second day was not as good as my posture was crooked and I was just not in the game. Oh well, gotta play some more.

Crab was the main dish of the thanksgiving week. My brother and sister-in-law bought crabs in Oakland Chinatown and he brought it to us in my sister's house. We pigged out on crabs, I ate the fatty part by the shell. Yummy, it's been so long since I ate fresh crabs. The following day we ended up eating more crabs at Fisherman's Wharf. I ordered my fix of Calamari, yummy. The next day I went to Oakland's Bart's Crab Shack, or something like that. This time it's crabs cooked in butter and mushrooms. Yummy, yummy, yummy. It was uncle's birthday and I get to spent some QT with some great people.

Driving back home was a little sad but good things don't last forever. Looking forward to another great Bay area visit.