Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Back to work and guess who I found?

I called in my registry and made myself available for work yesterday. I was assigned to a new hospital in south El Monte. It was a new hospital for me. The hospital is actually old and a single story community hospital. It was homey and relaxed.

The day just started and to my surprise I saw a former director of ER where I used to work. I knew her because she was the one that caused a lot of grief and despair for ICU nurses in Intercommunity hospital. We used to float to the ER where the staff nurses treated us like crap. We later found out that if there was a bus load of ER nurses who applied for an ER job, no one will get hired as there was no opening available. This info came from the V.P. of human resources. She rather have us float than to hire new nurses. New nurses means she will not meet her budget. Meeting the budget means a handsome bomus.

As ICU nurses walked out of the job as they were floated to the ER, the resentment among the staff grew. It got so bad that a meeting was called and management even suggested that those who walks out gets punished. They were told that the nurses will quit and get a job in less than a day. The floating to ER was cancelled and everyone was happy again.

This ER director was either fired or asked to leave. She left and she was history. Until yesterday. I told the staff that I knew her but she wasn't making eye contact after she saw me. Well, she is now the director of ICU and ER at South El Monte Hospital. I told them what she did there and their eyes lit up. One of the nurse said that they sensed that there is somethng fishy about her. So there goes another director's reputation.

One nurse told me that their director makes rounds three times a day. Since I was there, she didn't show up at all. When she did showed up, she was bossing people around. blah blah blah...do this, do that. What a fucker, she doesn't know what she is doing. Directors of nursing just move around different hospitals around a 50 mile radius.

During the night shift report, a nurse from Good Samaritan in LA told me that they are hiring and the sign on bonus is $12,000. Hmm, I wonder what is wrong with the place. She told me that people just don't stay after they get their bonus.