Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Fixed dripping shower faucets.
My shower faucets have been having the drip problem for quite a while now. It's a bad thing since water is a scarce resource. I've attempted to fix them but I don't have the know how. The plumbing books were vague. Remove this and replace that. Plumbing is not that simple.

I was called off work Friday so I have to channel my frustrations to something creative. I had breakfast at Denny's. There I learned to run my network marketing business. Not an easy task but it's better than handling human waste. After that I went to The Arboretum. I took some pictures of plants and the different changes that has happened at the Arboretum since I was theretwo years ago. The walking was nice but some movie shooting was going on so the air was a bit polluted due to the gas powered generators.I also went to Whole Foods store where I purchased some herbs for diabetes. To finish off the trip to Pasadena, I went to get some fried lobster at Fushing, a chinese restaurant.

On the way home I stopped by Lowe's and bought a set of tools to fix the faucet. I later on found out that they were the wrong tools. After going back a few time to Lowe's and then to OSH today, I finally got the faucets fixed. What an accomplishment, I thought for sure it can't be done. I was also afraid that I might cause more damage than good. The faucets are working well and the drip is gone. I ended up chaging the whole cartridges are they are the plastic kind and no repair kits are available. The replacement cartridges goes with a pictorial instruction. I need to be keen to the details on the pictures as there are alignments that need to be made.

So far so good. I've changed two toilet seats a couple of years ago. They were free, paid for by the city where I live. Hmm, this gives me a little courage to maybe tackle some more of the bathroom makeover.

This concept of turning bad situations into good and something creative sure does work.