Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

High school classmates.

I continue to recieve phone calls from my high school classmates. They are inviting me for reunions that seem to occur almost monthly. I attended the one that was held last summer. It was a nice gathering. I bought a bunch of souvineers to remind of of my old high school.

One thing that I've done to my life is to let go of the old and move on with the new. High school seem to nag me constantly. A couple of years ago, a website was created by one of our creative classmates and the whole high school spirit started to re-emerge. I even started dreaming about highschool, that's how intense this feelings were.

One of our organizers here in the US is one of my childhood buddies. He happened to be a lawyer in the Philippines. During the years, I've learned to dislike lawyers. They seem to be a big pain in the ass. My feelings extends to my old buddy. He sounds cocky and overly confident on the phone. Always having his opinions to be the right one. Arrgh, annoying as hell as it's only my opinions that I really care about. LOL.

Since the grand reunion my buddies have long invited themselves to my home. I was steadfast on saying no. They even want me to bring along some of my female nurse co-workers. What am I? a pimp. The concept of inviting young single women to meet middle aged married men is just repulsive.

Personally, I don't really care to hang out with them anymore. Once in 20 years should be fine. Constantly, I don't think so. I'd rather stay home than to bullshit with these guys. Think about it. It's been 20+ years that I have no contact with them and suddenly I will pick things up from highschool. I don't think so. I keep in correspondence with my friend R who happens to be a pilot. He has travelled here in the US as assitant pilot on a 747. I've tried to see him but his flight is always against my schedule. I would love to hangout with him as we've been through a lot together. These other guys I only know from school.

Yesterday, M called to invite me over to another friend's house. So and so are in country and I might want to hangout with them. I made an excuse about other plans for the night. I'm not driving to Simi Valley, 55 miles from home and in the rain, to hangout with guys I've never seen for 20+ years. I was more productive on up loading some photos of the twins baptism so I can order prints.