Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Sunday, July 02, 2006



Farewell uncle Syd.

An uncle of mine passed away three weeks. He and my aunt helped my parents in getting their visas to immigrate to the US. They treated us as family and we have been close for about 25 years.

Uncle is a mild mannered man. He only gets excited when politics is discussed and the Republicans are blamed for the ills of society, economy, and what ever else here in the states. He is the only conservative in our father side of the family that I know of.

Visiting with them guarantees home cooked meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. With occassional trips to chinese restaurants, life with my uncle was always good. He never criticized me ever. A rarity now a days, someone will always want to have me married or lose weight.

I remember a time when we made a trip to the grocery store so he can smoke. He told me not to tell auntie. We laughed about it. I will also miss the times when he cook goat meat at my request. They sell frozen goat meat at a local grocery store in Daly City.

I will miss him for his passionate for life. He never did worry about his illneses. He took care of himself and lived a long life of 77 years. Cancer took over his body but his memories live on to all the people he loved and touched. God bless uncle and thank you for all the years we enjoyed with you and auntie.