Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Moving on.

I left Casa Colina last Tuesday as a result of a confrontation with a supervisor on staffing issues. I was first suspended for 2 weeks without pay pending an investigation and while my boss went on vacation. I called human resources for help on this issue and no action was done on the suspension. I complained that it is not fair for my boss to go on vacation and leave me hanging for 2 weeks.

During that time I went and visited my family in the Bay Area and spent 4th of July with them. It was the best suspension I ever had. Not that I get suspended a lot, it's actually my first. I was also able to research the Sacramento area. I liked it and I am now deliberating if I will move there or not. The only issue is the air quality is poor right now due to the hundreds of fires in the region. I have breathing issues related to poor air.

I am weighing all the possibilities. Leaving my house vacant. Moving to a friend to rent out a room. Working per diem for a registry to see if any of the hospitals there are worth working for. Another friend suggest that I try nurse auditing, where I read charts of patients and making sure the doctors charge the proper labs and procedures for the patient. Justifying the payment made by the insurance company. There are a lot of possibilities out there without actually doing patient care.

There is also school for master's in medical informatics. Northwestern University has an online course where professions can take classes without attending campus classes. A good deal for self starters and may not be for a slacker like me. But before I decide I will interview with an admission person to see if I fit in this environment.

I also think that I need to move out of patient care and do support type of nursing. There are work available out there and I just need to find them. I like working with computers. Anything in that line of work will be nice., far from the drama of bedside nursing.