Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Monday, July 03, 2006

New system at work.

The assignment board shows teams instead of nurse's names. A "new" team nursing is being used without further instructions. A lot of people wants to go home but no one did. All talk and no action. We did what we did and no one complained, I guess that's good enough.

After two days of frustrations, I almost didn't show up for work. I was so disappointed from the previous days that I really don't want to go back. It was actually a better day as our CNA was a really good one. The bad CNA from the other day was there too but she wasn't in my team, thank God.

First thing that happened was my patient was obtunded and breathing irregularly. He ended up in the hospital. We called 911 and paramedics and firemen showed up to pick him up. There was about 7 people there. What a waste of resources but that's how they work.

I am down t0 4 patients and the LVN with me has 5. We took turns taking care of our patients as needed. It worked fine. It just happened that my LVN was also new and she was with me in my orientation 2 weeks ago. Everything worked fine. I hang her IV meds and IV pushes and she took care of my accu checks (blood sugar test for diabetics).

I met 2 former co-workers from the dialysis company. S, was my previous supervisor and she wondered if I ever came back to dialysis. I told her I never got comfortable doing dialysis. She said it's not for me and that is just fine. I feel the same way.

Can' wait for my day off. 4th of July.