Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

House Cleaning.

My sister's house is vacant for rent. I'm in to help my brother-in-law, V, clean up the place. It was Saturday and the weather was beautiful. Sunny and warm.

I got there around 11:00 a.m. I could not sleep the night before. I went to bed at 2:00 a.m. that morning only to toss and turn. I was really tired when I arrived. I went straight to work unloading the carpet steam cleaner. A couple bottles of cleaning solution. One was a degreaser and the other one was carpet solution. Both were purchased from a janitorial service store. This stuff is serious cleaning power, professional grade.

I started washing the walls from my neices room to the office. This was hard work. It was just muggy inside the house and my little fan was not sufficient to deliver comfort for me. I sweated like I'm in a sauna. V stayed outside to do yard work and to disassemble a stage built on their pation. It was used by a band once for a party. The idiot renter thinks it's useful and left it there.

After washing the walls, we decided we only need to touch up the walls with paint. Holes were patched up and sanded for a fine finish. It looks good.

Lunch was in a Thia restaurant not from from their house. We each ordered curry style food. V ordered yellow curry and C, a neighbor who helped a lot with clean up, ordered another style of curry chicken. I on the other hand ordered Panang curry. It wasn't like the ones I'm used too, but it was good none the less. i was tired and hungry. We did rinsed from the nastiness of hard work so we were pretty clean and presentable when we went to the restaurant.

We sat there to talk about the cleanup. I also ordered a large order of Thai Iced tea. It was great.
After that we headed to the supply store. Got some drop cloth, actually plastic of 0.7 mil think. We also got some plumbing supply, caulk, and custom paint. All in all good stuff.

Back to work, I started touching up the paint on the three rooms. As I applied paint I realized that something can be wrong. The rooms are not the same color. We will wait till it dries but it's not looking good.

Dinner was at a Chinese restaurant. I ordered hot pot of pork and oyster. Yuuummy! I was stuffed. We went back to more painting. V and C did other things like cutting the plants in front of the house. Now that was a lot of work. They cut 3 years of growth. These plants grew a lot. They covered the house a lot. After the cutting was over, the windows are now visible from the outside.

I got home at 12:30 am. I moved the cars for Parking wars, a game on Facebook. I went to bed and woke up at 9:00 am.