Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Off to the Bay Area.

It's Friday and I drove to the Bay Area for the twins' 3rd birthday party next Sunday. I almost didn't make it if I have to work this weekend. I managed to squeeze in 2 days of work this week which is enough for me to survive. I'll work more in the coming week. I packed my camera and studio gear to do a photo shoot of my sister's kids.

I dropped Sarge off to the vet/kennel so I don't have to deal with him during my trip. This is no vacation as a photo shoot with the nieces can always be challenging and frustrating but fun to do.
San Dimas animal hospital was the answer to my dilemma. Most kennels require current shots within 30 days of boarding. San Dimas animal hospital will give the shots then will allow the dog to be boarded that same day. For $15/day, the dog will be walked twice a day and this includes the weekend.

After dropping off Sarge, I went to pick up my prescription. I should have done this yesterday but I was lazy so I'm paying the price. Oh well, deal with it.

I left San Dimas at 1:30 pm. The traffic on the 210 heading west was not too bad. I hit slow traffic on the 5 North before the Grapevine. There was an accident on the South bound 5 freeway and the lookiloos were slowing down the flow of traffic. I sat there for half an hour. People are idiots, slowing down to look is just stupid.

The drive was insignificant. 400 miles of driving is easy if your ride is nice. I used to drive a Civic and it was less than nice. The car's short wheelbase makes it a bumpy ride. I was worst when I changed to alloy rims and sport suspensions. I also got used to the Camry and E320. Both have long wheelbase and better cars overall. The seats are softer and more for long rides.

I missed Sarge during the drive. I'm used to checking on him. This time, no Sarge to check. He probably prefers being boarded as he gets anxious when riding in a car.

I stopped by Casa de Fruta to get some dried fruits for my sister. A gift for letting me stay over their place. Pasalubong kinda thing. I ate dinner at the diner there and ordered some chicken breast over spaghetti. I forgot the name of it. Some Italian dish. It was really good and it comes with a loaf of bread. Whoohoo, where is the insulin pump, hehehe.

The rest of the drive was easy enough. The sun has set and it's cooler. It's a little tough to read the navigation system as my eyes sight are now poor. I need those bifocals. I was switching from reading glasses to sunglasses during the drive.

I got to my destination around 8:30 pm. I unloaded some of my cargo and pretty much kicked back the rest of the night. The nieces were cute as usual. Making the 400 mile drive all worth it.