Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Cleaning house Part 2.

The next morning I headed back to Granada Hills to finish up the cleanup. I started with checking on the touch up paints and found out that the colors are different for two of the rooms. We need to make a trip to the paint store later today.

First up is steam cleaning the carpet in the bedrooms. There are three rooms so this will basically be a simple job. I tried to keep the time tight scheduled but as the heat get s to me, I slowed down a bit. The rooms were not the same sizes so time spent on each room varied. The carpet cleanliness was apparent. The buckets of dirty used solution was proof that the carpet were dirty. I can now see the pattern on the dark brown colored carpet. Even V and C commented later that I did a good job. I used my own professional cleaner and my own machine. V owns a steamer too but I know my machine better. I don't feel like having a class on carpet steaming at this time.

Next up was touching up the trim and painting the front door white. There are a lot of shoe scuffs along the front door and down the hallway to the bedroom. The front door didn't take much work but it took some time as there are designs engraved on the door. It's not like my front door at home which is plane design from the sixties. V took out the hardware so that it has a clean coat of paint without brush patterns. It was a good decision as it came out good.

Prior to the door painting, I also cleaned the fireplace area and painted the shelf with semigloss paint. It was real nice after the painting, looks new.

Lunch was spent at a Chinese chain restaurant. It was nice as I was hungry. After lunch we hit OSH, and bought paint, caulk, and other supplies.

V started his day painting the over hang in the front door. The paint was peeling off and he and C cleaned the area up yesterday. Today is paint day with thick primer. It came out real nice. The front house' shrubbery were also cut by C. We can actually see the house now. We repainted the trim around the windows after washing the windows with soap. This took a while but made the house look great. Stucko were also applied to broken wall around the house. This spots will be painted tomorrow Monday before V leaves for San Francisco.

After dinner of pizza, we cleared off the cut brushes. I was a lot of green debris. We used tarp and tied the bushes down with twine. We wrapped about 6 of this bunches and left it in the front sidewalk. We discussed that fact that there are a lot of debris to be picked up and the collectors might not pick them up. It was mentioned that it only happened once in the last three years os they better not complain.

I was totally wiped out. After picking up the bushes and wrapping them up six time, I was really exhausted. I had to stop and rest. It was a long day and it's already 9 p.m. I left that night at 11 p.m. I left V there and wished him good luck and safe trip back to SF.

The next day I talked to V over the phone. He just left the house and he started early that morning to finish off the house painting touch ups outside the house. We talked about the hard work we did and the other work that needs to be done. The good thing was that all the major clean up was already done.

The following day, V called me and told me that C talked to the garbage collector and apologized profusely on the amount of trash. The guy was understanding and C paid him $8 tip. All the garbage was collected.